Monday, May 31, 2021

Anger Letters #2

 This is a letter that I wrote in response to the treatment I was given surrounding my weight and food. 

Dear Mom and Dad,

    You are so messed up in the head to put me through what you did. Just because I was overweight doesn't mean I was worth less. Just because I didn't meet your impossible expectations of perfection doesn't mean that I deserved to be treated like shit. You had no right trying to put me on diet plans. No middle school child should have to worry about a diet plan that humiliated me. No middle school child should have to eat Special K protein bars instead of actual meals. It is os messed up that you would make a child suffer like that. It was wrong and humiliating. No middle school child should have to worry about what the number on a scale would be. They should be worried about school dances and crushes and extra-curricular activities. They shouldn't have to worry about their body image and whether or not they measure up. How dare you put me on diet plans. How dare you focus on my weight and only my weight. How dare you refuse to let me snack because you were so worried about me gaining wait. How dare you compare me to my brother when it came to weight. You had no right to put me through that, eating things no child should have to eat. You had no right making food a shameful thing for me. You hd no right making me eat disgusting protein bars instead of meals like breakfast, claiming that it is better for me. It was not better for me. It was worse for me. You made food a weapon that you could change at any moment based on new things you discovered or new things your friends told you about. How dare you put you adult body image issues on me. You have taught me that food is a bad thing. You gave me no control over what I ate and now I feel the need to take complete control over my food. You have ruined food for me. You can take those horrible protein bars and shove 'em. Maybe you should eat them and see how much you like it. It was terrible for me and now I struggle with food and it's your fault. You should be disgusted with yourselves. 

~Kimberly

This next anger is in response to the bead incident that occurred when I was a child. 

Dear mom,
    I want you to know how much damage you have caused in my life. You are such a terrible person to have taken everything out on an innocent child. You have left scars that you will never get to see. You damaged my spirit so early on and I'm struggling to put the pieces back together. You had no right to treat me like shit. You had no right to take away my innocence and make me live in fear. You had no right to take your frustrations and anger out on me or my brother. You are such a coward to have treated children the way you did. You deserve no part in my mind, my memory, my life. I'm taking my power back from you. You will not live in my head anymore. 

    ~Kimberly

This next one is an initial letter of anger for what happened on my 12th birthday. 

Dear dad,
    You are such a piece of shit because of the way you treated me. I mean who cares about their child's friend more than they care about their own child? You have left marks on my soul that I fight with everyday. I have to battle my mind everyday because of you. You are such a coward to have treated me, a child, the way you did. Children do not deserve to be punching bags for your pleasing. I did not desreve to be a place you took out your anger and frustration on. You are also a coward because of the the threats you made. Who threatens their child with putting them on the side of the road with signs that are humiliating? Only someone who doesn't have the right to see the light of day. Screw you and the person you were and the person you've become. 

    ~Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment